ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Whois privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Whois privacy
  • From: Eric DC <eric.dunnc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:01:40 -0400

Good day,

Very simple: I oppose you mandating that all whois information be publicaly
available to everyone. I have nothing to hide, but there's no way that I
want my personal information such as name, address, phone number, e-mail,
etc to be posted online for all to see.

This goes against all common sense about privacy. If content providers (why
in God's name owuld it be up to them to decide this kind of thing anyways?)
want somebody's information, they can and should get a warrant just like
anybody else.

Let private information *remain private. Period.*

Thanks,
Eric.