ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Individual Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Individual Privacy
  • From: Ian Allan <ianand520@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 08:22:24 -0700

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I am not a corporation, and I demand that you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process or face the consequences of your criminal behavior in a court at law.

- Everyone has a natural right to privacy.

- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.

Private information should and will be kept private. Otherwise your organization will be faced with dozens of lawsuits, and you will lose because you have no standing.

You are strongly urged to pay attention to this Notice and Demand!

Yours truly,

Ian Allan