ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Proposed WHOIS policies threaten my privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Proposed WHOIS policies threaten my privacy
  • From: Nathan Cochran <n8cochran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 08:39:32 -0600

I am in favor of updating the WHOIS system & its respective policies. It
seem that the proposed privacy changes are intended to target spammers,
criminals and other bad guys. Please do. Spam, cyber crime & identity theft
are out of control. However, for legitimate businesses or individuals like
myself, requiring Domain Proxy / Privacy services to turn over my personal
contact information to anyone who makes a claim against you – without a
subpoena, search warrant or due process of any kind - only opens the doors
to more spam, cyber crime & identity theft.

Please crack down on spam, cyber crime & identity theft by unpdating the
WHOIS policies WITHOUT forcing proxy services to release my confidential
information WITHOUT CAUSE.

Thank You,

Nathan Cochran