ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Internet is a medium of free thoughts with privacy; let it remain as it is.

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Internet is a medium of free thoughts with privacy; let it remain as it is.
  • From: Washifa Bornomala <washifa.bornomala@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 07:02:14 -0700

I love cats. I have a big plan of building a website fully focused on cats,
which will help all the cat lovers in the world. But unfortunately, the
proposed rules regarding Whois privacy are making me anxious. If my
personal information is not kept private, I will never buy a domain and
hence, will not be able to build my dream website.

Please try to understand that the proposed rule will only help a few
groups, whereas majority of users like us will be affected badly. Those few
groups did not make the internet, and they do not own it​. And ​also
​remember that you are trying to make the internet a bureaucratic place
while you have more important things to do.

So, please reconsider your decision and do not spoil the internet. THE
INTERNET IS A MEDIUM OF FREE THOUGHTS WITH PRIVACY; LET IT REMAIN AS IT IS.

Regards,
Washifa Bornomala.