ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-raa-insurance-15jan15]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Public Comment Sought on Potential Change to Registrar Accreditation Insurance Requirement

  • To: "comments-raa-insurance-15jan15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-raa-insurance-15jan15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Public Comment Sought on Potential Change to Registrar Accreditation Insurance Requirement
  • From: Mahmoud Lattouf <mlattouf@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 08:18:24 +0000

Greetings,

First, I would like to thank ICANN for listening to different point of views in
regards to the Registrar Accreditation Insurance Requirement.

Having read through the "Background" section related to this topic, and your
consultation with insurance industry experts, and since it turned out that
"today's CGL policies do not generally provide substantial protection for
domain name holders for losses caused by their registrars, as envisioned by the
Accreditation Policy", I think there should be another mechanism or substitute
for the existing one that both protects registrants rights and is not an
obstacle for registrars.

I believe that ICANN should make arrangements with several insurance providers
around the world, so that registrars would have a pool of specified providers
to choose from for this policy. Also, the new arrangement should provide
protection for domain name holders for losses caused by their registrars unlike
the existing policy.

It does not make sense to waive the current requirement for all or some
registrars without replacing it with the right mechanisms to protect
registrants, it is also important to keep in mind that this mechanism should
not be complicated for registrars to attain.

Thank you,
Mahmoud Lattouf
Abu-Ghazaleh Intellectual Property (AGIP) dba TAGIDomains.com
mlattouf@xxxxxxxx<mailto:mlattouf@xxxxxxxx>
www.agip.com<http://www.agip.com>

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>