ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-root-zone-consultation-08mar13]

Consultation on Root Zone KSK Rollover from Netnod

  • To: comments-root-zone-consultation-08mar13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Consultation on Root Zone KSK Rollover from Netnod
  • From: Patrik Fältström <paf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 14:34:12 +0200

Netnod do view root key roll over as something that should be done. More
specifically:

- We do believe the keys should be rolled

- ICANN should interview the ccTLDs that rolled keys before the root was signed
so that ICANN is absolutely sure they do know of all glitches that occurred at
that time

- RFC 5011 should be used

- Keys should be rolled slowly, although of course the size of responses should
be monitored and minimized

Regarding other responses we do support, we specifically would like to
reference the following two:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-root-zone-consultation-08mar13/msg00003.html
http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-root-zone-consultation-08mar13/msg00001.html

   Patrik Fältström