ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-tel-renewal-04aug16]

Regarding the .tel renewal

  • To: comments-tel-renewal-04aug16@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Regarding the .tel renewal
  • From: Vishal <proof.of.concept@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 23:34:33 -0700

I have been a registrant of multiple .tel domains since sunrise.  I will be
brief, as I echo points already made by several others:

1) The .tel TLD should continue to exist.

2) The .tel TLD must not be managed by Telnic (or any entity/name under
which it re-brands itself).
   2.1) Telnic have done next to nothing to realize the goals of this
unique extension for years.
   2.2) Telnic now lacks the human capital required to realize the goals of
.tel.
   2.3) Telnic have been fully hostile to customer, developer, and
community feedback since shortly after inception.

3) The restrictions on .tel DNS record types were based on a hypothetical
communications model that never materialized and now seems clearly
outmoded.  If possible, these should be lifted.

Thank you for your consideration.