ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[delegation-rate-scenarios]

Preferred window for ICANN new gTLD applications: 30 days

  • To: delegation-rate-scenarios@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Preferred window for ICANN new gTLD applications: 30 days
  • From: Constantine Giorgio Roussos <costa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 18:17:28 -0700

Not quite sure why ICANN has changed its window policy from 30-day to
90-day. Why more unnecessary delays? Any justification from ICANN to
increase the window longer? There has been ample time for applicants to
prepare.

Whether a 30-day window or a 180-day window, the chances are that every
application would be submitted the week or the last day before any deadline.
ICANN should look at their own public comment periods as proof. Most people
post comments in the last few days of comment periods and tend to wait until
the last moment to do so.

Not sure why we should be incurring additional delay. I think ICANN has
subjected our initiatives to enough financial burden and delays. If there is
an increase of the window, can ICANN please provide justification that
supports that an additional 60-day window is required or that not doing so
will be harmful to potential applicants.

To ICANN's credit, I congratulate ICANN for selecting a May 30th, 2011
timeline for launching the new gTLD process.

Constantine Roussos
.MUSIC
http://www.music.us