ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[delegation-rate-scenarios]

Delegation rate comments

  • To: delegation-rate-scenarios@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Delegation rate comments
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 16:21:31 -0800

I generally support the analysis and recommendations of this report.    There
are only two areas where I believe the
report is inaccurate or deficient.

First,  the estimates for 'Application Rates' are high.   As someone who is
actively involved in the community of prospective
TLD applicants I believe the rates cited in the report are 25% to 40% higher
than we will see in practice.

Second, the proposed 90 day window for applications is unnecessarily long.
Previous discussions and community input
focused on a 30 day window - which is more appropriate.    There is already
widespread, international  knowledge about
the program.  Even those very few applicants who become aware of the program
during the communications campaign
will be able to submit a proposal within 30 days.  This ability to submit
proposals in 30 days is due to the numerous consultants
and back-end vendors who are able to assist applicants in quickly preparing
proposals.  A 30 day period is both reasonable and sufficient.

Thank you for considering these comments.

Regards

Richard Tindal