ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[delegation-rate-scenarios]

Length of Application Window

  • To: delegation-rate-scenarios@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Length of Application Window
  • From: Wil Tan <wil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 14:06:01 +1100

I would like to commend ICANN staff for producing a reasonably well thought
out projection, despite the complexity of unknown factors.

The application window of 90 days strikes me as unnecessarily long. In
addition to the arguments put forth by Jon Nevett and others, I would like
to add that a long application window is likely an inefficient use of
ICANN's human resources as applications trickling in during the period
leading up to the closing of the window makes effective batch processing
difficult.

In light of this, I urge ICANN to consider a 30-day period instead.

--
Wil Tan
CTO