ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-eoi-model]

Minds + Machines Preliminary Comments on Expressions of Interest Process

  • To: draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Minds + Machines Preliminary Comments on Expressions of Interest Process
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:59:09 -0500

Dear ICANN,

Thank you for the opportunity to comment on the EOI process.

In our view, the staff recommendations have found the right balance of
simplicity, ease of implementation, and transparency.  The EOI process as
defined by staff will give ICANN valuable information it needs to properly
design and provide resources for the rest of the application process, while at
the same time making it easy for potential applicants to participate.  In
particular, we believe that the ICANN communication plan will be made much
simpler and more effective by alerting the world to the EOI process rather than
trying to explain the entire (complicated) application process.

Our full comments are found in the attached PDF.

Sincerely,

Antony Van Couvering
CEO, Minds + Machines