ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-eoi-model]

Pre-Registration for New gTLDs

  • To: <draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pre-Registration for New gTLDs
  • From: "Hudson Sabrina" <Sabrina.Hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:43:10 -0500

Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to let you know that I do not support ICANN accepting
pre-registrations for new gTLDs.  In my opinion, ICANN has not yet done the
necessary work to demonstrate that the potential benefits of its unlimited new
gTLD program outweigh the risks, harms and costs to the domain name system and
to the public. As such, I believe it is premature for ICANN to accept
pre-registrations, and that the proposed pre-registration process will have
harmful ramifications such as forcing trademark owners to defensively
pre-register to protect their trademarks.

Sincerely,
Sabrina J. Hudson
Senior Counsel
H.J. Heinz Company
(412) 456-6004
sabrina.hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mailing Address:  P.O. Box 57, Pittsburgh, PA 15230
Shipping Address:  1 PPG Place, Suite 3100, Pittsburgh, PA 15222

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.