ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-eoi-model]

input on the proposed pre-registrations for New gTLDs

  • To: <draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: input on the proposed pre-registrations for New gTLDs
  • From: Uğur Aktekin <Ugur.Aktekin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:37:17 +0200

Dear Sir,

We understand that ICANN plans to introduce new gTLD extensions. Introducing
tens of new extensions definitely expose trade mark owners to risk and expense
and the consumers that depend upon them to confusion and therefore we do not
think that there is a need for new extensions. We are completely against the
practice of introducing new domain names and assuming that ICAAN is decisive on
this we urge ICAAN to resolve overarching issues first, as it publicly
committed, including trademark protection, economic demand and impact, root
zone scaling, and malicious conduct, before it introduces any new gTLDs.

Kind regards,

Av. Uğur Aktekin

Partner

Kore Şehitleri Cad. 17

Zincirlikuyu 34394 İstanbul, Turkey

www.gun.av.tr <http://www.gun.av.tr>

T: +90 (212) 354 00 00

F: +90 (212) 274 20 95

This e-mail and any attachments are privileged and confidential attorney client
correspondence. Pursuant to the Advocacy Act 1136, reading, copying,
disclosure, dissemination thereof is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please destroy it and inform the sender. Thank you.

Bu e-posta ve ekleri avukat müvekkil yazışmasıdır, kişiye özel ve gizlidir.
1136 sayılı Avukatlık Yasası gereğince, okunması, kopyalanması, açıklanması,
neşri ve veya dağıtılması yasaktır. Muhatabı değilseniz lütfen derhal imha edip
göndereni bilgilendiriniz. Teşekkür ederiz.

GIF image