ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-eoi-model]

Our statement to the draft-EOI-model

  • To: "draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx" <draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Our statement to the draft-EOI-model
  • From: Adina Reichardt <a.reichardt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:20:13 +0100

We say yes to a lightweight and voluntary EOI with its original intention to
collect information on strings and the applicant landscape for ICANN’s new TLD
process resource planning.

We say no to an inflated and mandatory EOI that replaces the well planned
applicant guidebook partly with a pre-registration process that favors
insiders, copycats and speculators.

Our suggestions for the EOI
***************************
1) Running the EOI should be priority for ICANN to finally gather valid
information. The EOI procedure must not delay ICANN’s task of resolving open
issues such as trade mark protection. In doubt the EOI should be cancelled.

2) The EOI must be voluntary.

3) We believe in the crowd sourcing power of the community in voluntarily
contributing information about already over 100 potential strings which are out
there today.

4) Questions 1-14 are sufficient for information collection, but applicants may
provide additional information.

5) Publication of all EOIs should be mandatory.

6) The EOI fee should not exceed US$ 55,000.

7) Incentives for the EOI applicants could include regular applicant-only
briefings, one-to-ones with ICANN staff and other services which not only
benefit the EOI participants.

Adina Reichardt
Deputy Chairman
dotbayern e.V.