ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-errp-policy]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Error in website redirection provisions

  • To: <draft-errp-policy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Error in website redirection provisions
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 17:12:15 -0500

I am writing as the former Chair of the PEDNR Workgroup and a member of the PEDNR Implementation Review Team.

There is an error in the proposed policy that explicitly contravenes one of the PDP Recommendations and was apparently introduced accidentally following the last version reviewed by the Implementation Review Team.

Paragraph 2.2.3 currently reads:

For registrations deleted eight or more days after expiration: For the last eight consecutive days (after expiration) that the registration is renewable by the RAE, the existing DNS resolution path specified by the RAE must be interrupted by the registrar to the extent that the applicable registry permits such interruptions.

"For the last eight consecutive days" should read "For at least the last eight consecutive days..." or "For no less than the last eight consecutive days...". This is in line with the PDP Recommendation 2 which in part reads "...at least 8 consecutive days...".

Associated with this, I would recommend a change to the Notes section on Post-Expiration Renewal now reading:

To be clear, this requirement applies at any time during which the registration is renewable by the RAE, not just during the eight-consecutive-day period described in paragraphs 2.2.2 and 2.2.3.

Since according to paragraphs 2.2.2 and 2.2.3, the actual period may be less than or more than eight days, I would suggest replacing "eight-consecutive-day" with "entire".

Alan Greenberg

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>