ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-errp-policy]

Policy vs Report

  • To: "draft-errp-policy@xxxxxxxxx" <draft-errp-policy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Policy vs Report
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:06:11 +0000

The draft policy section 4.1.2 makes an explicit mention of "resellers"
 From my recollection of our deliberations in the working group (I was a
member) we explicitly did NOT make references to "resellers"
ICANN accredited registrars are obliged to pass on any contractual / policy
obligations to all their clients - including "resellers". By specifically
referencing "resellers" this could cause more issues than it actually solves
and this reference should be removed.
There is no point rehashing the incredibly lengthy discussions that were had
around this topic.

Regards

Michele

--