ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-new-gtld-budget]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

My comment on the new gTLD Budget

  • To: <draft-new-gtld-budget@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: My comment on the new gTLD Budget
  • From: <stecima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:05:14 +0000

Good afternoon,

following my comment on the new gTLD Budget Issue, which I also reported on
Thursday, the 24th before the ICANN Public Forum:

"My name is Stefano Cimatoribus, I am a new participant, attending my
first ICANN meeting.

I want to support the previous speaker who suggested
"bundling" of applications with lower fees for extra languages.

I worked as Commercial Manager for a Russian company with base in Italy, in the
Commerce Sector of fresh cut flowers, retail, wholesale, franchising.

Since I’ve always worked in the commercial divisions, I had daily
contacts with my former Russian colleagues in St. Petersburgh.

I felt many times that they found some obstacles in using latin
characters.

I hope that someone will propose a new TLD such as ".Flowers" but
I am afraid that the .flowers applicant will not want to spend an extra two or
three hundred of thousand dollars on a Cyrillic .flowers

Therefore I encourage you to reduce cost for extra non-Latin IDNs.

And one more thing: my company does not want to use a ccTLD like .ru or .rf,
because they do not
prefer to appear as only a russian company."

Best regards

Stefano Cimatoribus

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>