ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[e-gtld-evaluation]

GTLD FAQ

  • To: <e-gtld-evaluation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: GTLD FAQ
  • From: "Jon Stringer" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:54:24 -0600

Hello,

I have been reading over the draft application and have several
questions regarding how accessible this process will be for business
owners and potential business owners.

Is there any actual dollar amount that has been considered for the cost
of a GTLD?

When is the tentative date that this process will be operational?

How is ICANN going to prevent and distinguish between domain squatters
and businesses who have legitimate business models in place to purchase
a GTLD and build a business around it?  (I understand the need to limit
domain squatters but also see the limitless potential in these new
domains and would like to build a business around several GTLD's I would
like to purchase for my company)

I have many more questions that I hope will be answered over the next
months but if you could at least give me a cursory response to these
questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Have a great weekend!

Jonathan Stringer