ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[economic-framework]

Market/ Economic Analysis - comments Dan Schindler

  • To: economic-framework@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Market/ Economic Analysis - comments Dan Schindler
  • From: Dan Schindler <danielmschindler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:38:00 -0700

Please see my comment below in connection with the Economic Framework for the
Analysis of the Expansion of Generic TLD Names.

Having read the latest Economic Study and understood its requirement under the
Affirmation of Commitment, I note there really is nothing to suggest halting
the TLD process and there is much in the report that suggests significant
consumer benefit could accrue from new TLDs in the form of more choice, lower
prices and increased services. Contained within are obvious warnings, which we
have long-since been considered, with appropriate mitigation mechanisms
deployed in the DAG, and plenty of optimism. Clearly, the proof of the pudding
is in the eating. Let's get on with opening the window and letting the consumer
be the judge. I don't recall the world demanding iPhones before they were
launched!

Thanks - Daniel Schindler