ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

[gnso-idn-wg] [Fwd: RE: [council] IDN Food for Thought]

  • To: gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] [Fwd: RE: [council] IDN Food for Thought]
  • From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 07:25:16 +0200

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Mawaki,

Thanks for your input.

Just a reminder that at this stage we are simply making sure we have
captured the issues correctly, and then prioritise the issues to work
on.

With reference to the policy development process in Annex A of the
bylaws:
http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#AnnexA

We are still at step 2.

The purpose of the working group is to help us advance to step 3
- vote on initiating a PDP, along with a terms of reference

We also need to identify how we will coordinate our work with the ccNSO
which also has an interest in this area.

We are not yet at a point where we are seeking specific policy
recommendations, axioms, principles etc.  This will happen in step 7 (d)
where we collect constituency statements against a terms of reference.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin

--
Glen de Saint Géry