ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

[gnso-idn-wg] IDN Wiki now open at http://idn.wat.ch

  • To: <gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] IDN Wiki now open at http://idn.wat.ch
  • From: "Ram Mohan" <rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 03:07:51 -0500

Dear IDN WG members,

In accordance with the decision on the GNSO IDN WG call last week, I am
pleased to announce the opening of the IDN Wiki, now available at
http://idn.wat.ch <http://idn.wat.ch/> .  This wiki is our first attempt to
ensure that the WG members have a consistent glossary and set of definitions
and terms to use in their discussions, as also in our documents & reports.

Olof Nordling from the ICANN staff is going to upload an initial compiled
set of terms and sample definitions.  I ask that you contribute to the IDN
wiki as and when you find terms that are worthy of definition, or
clarification.

If you don't know the meanings, but just think it should be on the wiki,
please make an opening entry on the Wiki (preferred), or send an email to
Olof.

The wiki is readable by all; to post articles on the wiki, you must register
(a brief and rather painless process that provides a measure of defense
against spam entries).

I request members to post this message to your respective constituencies, to
ensure broad participation.  ICANN staff members, could you ensure that the
ccNSO & GAC IDN WGs, and the various advisory committees (RSSAC, SSAC, IETF,
etc) are sent a copy of this message.

Best Regards,

Ram

Ram Mohan
Vice President, Business Operations
Chief Technology Officer
Afilias ( <http://www.afilias.info/> http://www.afilias.info)
p: +1.215.706.5700 x103; f: +1.215.706.5701
m: +1.215.431.0958
e:  <mailto:rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx | skype: gliderpilot30