ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

[gnso-idn-wg] IDNA relevant reading material

  • To: <gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] IDNA relevant reading material
  • From: "Tina Dam" <tina.dam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:34:49 -0800

At the previous call I promised to circulate an email with links to some
reading material relevant to the IDNA protocol review and revisions.

The protocol review started with an IAB report that list issues related to
IDNs (not just the protocol). This is RFC 4690 and elements in it was
discussed at a previous GNSO IDN-WG meeting.

Following the discussions in RFC4690 a set of corresponding papers with
proposed solutions have been published - as follows:

An overview with proposed issues and changes for IDNA
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-idnabis-issues-00.txt

A suggestion for solving an IDNA problem in right-to-left scripts by
revising the stringprep profile
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-alvestrand-idna-bidi-00.txt

An overview of suggested inclusion based IDNA Unicode Codepoints based on
Unicode 5.0
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-faltstrom-idnabis-tables-01.txt

-note that these papers will change issue number over time and that
discussions related to these proposals for changes take place on the
email-list mentioned on the call: idna-update@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

While not all documents listed above are required to read and understand to
work on IDN policy issues I would strongly recommend RFC4690 as well as the
draft-klensin-idnabis-issues.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tina

Tina Dam