ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

[gnso-idn-wg] Statement of Interest

  • To: gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] Statement of Interest
  • From: "Charles Shaban" <cshaban@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:01:07 +0200

Kindly find my brief statement of interest:

I am experienced in Information Technology (IT) policies development
and implementation strategies with extensive technical, management
and training experience in IT including E-Commerce and Internet.
In addition to rich exposure to Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs),
generic and country code Domain Names, and Multilingual Domain Name
issues, I am the Executive Director of the Regional office of
Abu-Ghazaleh Intellectual Property (AGIP), member of Talal
Abu-Ghazaleh Organization (TAGOrg).
I hold a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science from the University of
Jordan and some of my professional memberships are: The UN IGF AG
(Internet Governance Forum Advisory Group), UN WGIG (Work group on
Internet Governance 2004-2005), in ICANN I am a Council member in the
ccNSO, chaired the Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) Working Group
of the Intellectual Property Constituency (IPC) in 2003. Member in
the International Trademark Association (INTA), member of the INTA
Internet Committee (DNS sub-committee since 2004), and a member in
the Internet Society (ISOC)