ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

[gnso-idn-wg] Potential IDN WG related meeting on Sunday 25th at 9am in Lisbon

  • To: gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx, "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] Potential IDN WG related meeting on Sunday 25th at 9am in Lisbon
  • From: subbiah <subbiah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 08:03:35 -0800

Ram (IDN WG chair) and Bruce (GNSO Council Chair),

It has just come to my and others attention that a meeting of some sort is being planned for 9am on Sunday the 25th at Lisbon where the work of the IDN WG is being presented to the GNSO Council. As far as I can tell this event has not yet been publicized on the icann.org meeting web-site schedule/agenda. Neither has such information, to date, as far as I know been sent to anyone on this IDN WG working group mailing list. Nevertheless, it appears that some select members of the IDN WG have been aware of this for some time.

If this meeting is really true and is designed for input from the IDN WG work, then it is important that all and any IDN WG contributor should be able to participate.

Speaking for myself and a number of others on this list, people have already made travel plans for Lisbon based on the published available information and will be arriving too late for the 9am meeting. Many plan to arrive in time for the official Monday morning start. And it is too late for many to make travel changes.

I would think given the public commitments you have made recently to allow more equitable access and participation in IDN WG efforts from the community, it would be in that spirit to reschedule this meeting to Monday or later during the official time.

I think there is time to do this and demonstrate the general commitment you have made previously.

I and assume others here on the IDN WG ( many of whom are probably only finding out about this for the first time about this from this email by me) look for a favorable and fair response.

Cheers

Subbiah