ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

RE: [gnso-idn-wg] On 4.4.2

  • To: "'Alexei Sozonov'" <sozon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idn-wg] On 4.4.2
  • From: "Shahram Soboutipour" <ceo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:50:27 +0330

Dear all

I think aliasing (except in rare variant script case like my country
Farsi/Arabic or visually confusing cases) has many disadvantages and should be
not chosen in the IDN context whether its for existing domain name holders or
not. In my opinion it may create more confusion.  My country and people will be
upset if all the best Farsi domains in good Farsi gTLD strings are already
taken before we from local Farsi community can even get a chance to participate.

Regards,

 <BLOCKED::mailto:soboutipour@xxxxxxxxxxx> Shahram Soboutipour

President and CEO

 <BLOCKED::http://www.karmania.ir/> Karmania Media