ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] GNSO IDN WG, Final Outcomes Report, draft for quickfeedback - 4.2.9

  • To: marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] GNSO IDN WG, Final Outcomes Report, draft for quickfeedback - 4.2.9
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:30:29 +0100

hi,

On 22 mar 2007, at 07.27, marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

At the risk of reopening this issue, don't we need to take technological limitations into account as well? Is there a 'chapeau statement needed in the principles that acknowledges that issue?

That sounds like a good idea, as long as we include a statement that things are only technical limitations after they have been proven to be technical limitations. And that that is done through testing or other verifiable engineering means. I think we also should be clear that things that are still at the stage of internet-draft are not yet cast in stone and are in fact still just suggested solutions.

a.