ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-impl-irtpc-rt]

Re: [gnso-impl-irtpc-rt] IRTP WG C IRT Kick-off

  • To: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-impl-irtpc-rt] IRTP WG C IRT Kick-off
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 10:39:26 -0500

hi Mike,

i think "how we fit" is in our remit, because we will have a unique perspective
on dependencies.   but i agree that creating the larger structure that we fit
*into* isn't.  do a search on "program management" for tips on how to put
together and manage a portfolio of inter-connected projects.  i think we be a
project, within a larger program.

mikey

On Jun 6, 2013, at 8:56 AM, James M. Bladel <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Right.  And this IRT must be aware of all these new changes, particularly
> those that could affect its own items.
>
> For example, the new 2013 RAA will have validation/verification requirements.
>  The IRT must consider how this (not yet adopted) verification process will
> affect the Change of Registrant procedure.  There are probably a bunch of
> unknown dependencies like that….
>
> J.
>

> From: Mike Zupke <Mike.Zupke@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thursday, June 6, 2013 08:50
> To: James Bladel <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-impl-irtpc-rt@xxxxxxxxx"
> <gnso-impl-irtpc-rt@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: [gnso-impl-irtpc-rt] IRTP WG C IRT Kick-off
>
> Thanks, James.
> The schedule/project plan is indeed topic #1.  But I think the bigger
> question - how does this fit into all of the rest of the work underway? - is
> probably outside this group’s remit.  My team (on staff) is currently mapping
> out all of the implementation items we see on the horizon and trying to
> figure out a way to manage those in a responsible way.  I think, ultimately,
> it might require a discussion with the GNSO council, but that’s as far as my
> thinking has progressed to date...  Happy to discuss on the call if you and
> others like.
> Best,
>
> Mike Zupke
> Director, Registrar Programs
> Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP
(ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)