ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-impl-irtpc-rt]

Re: [gnso-impl-irtpc-rt] IRTP C Clarification

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, Caitlin Tubergen <caitlin.tubergen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-impl-irtpc-rt] IRTP C Clarification
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 00:23:21 -0800

Hi All,

As I've said before, I think we need to distinguish between implementation
effective date and the development of the implementation plan. If I've
understood James and Michele correctly, I think they are referring to the
implementation effective date when they are talking about 'pausing' and
considering rolling out changes at fixed points in the year. However, before
being able to talk about pausing or when sometimes becomes in effect, I
think we first need an actual implementation plan. As there were quite a
number of issues that needed to be worked out in relation to IRTP Part C as
part of the implementation discussions, I think there is still plenty to do
before we even get to the stage of considering when this could/would become
into effect. Also, by the time we have worked through those items it may
become more clear whether or not any of the proposed recommendations of IRTP
Part D need to be tied into the implementation effective date of IRTP Part
C. Presumably having an actual implementation plan would also allow for more
effective planning by contracted parties, even if the implementation
effective date is for example a year out, as they can already anticipate
what needs to happen in order for them to be ready by that date. As the IRTP
Part C recommendations were adopted by the Board about a year ago, wouldn't
it be nice if we could share a proposed implementation plan with the
community by Singapore (even if it means that the actual changes wouldn't
come into effect until later)?

Best regards,

Marika