ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-impl-irtpc-rt]

Re: [gnso-impl-irtpc-rt] For your review: draft change of registrant policy

  • To: Caitlin Tubergen <caitlin.tubergen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-impl-irtpc-rt] For your review: draft change of registrant policy
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 09:56:06 -0600

hi all,

just a quick note to document the concern i raised on the call.  i have no
problem with the intent to allow Registrars flexibility in providing customers
with the option to opt out of the 60 day lock.

but i want to make sure that we don't reopen a security hole.  so here's a
revised version of 3.3, and the footnote (2) to clarify what i meant.  i've
added the idea that the opt-out action has to be rigorously confirmed, and i've
removed the examples sentence from the footnote (because the second example
implies that Registrars aren't required to authorize the lock.

here's a first go at the wording:

3.3 The Registrar must impose a 60-day inter-registrar transfer lock  following
a Change of Registrant, provided, however, that the Registrar may allow the
Registered Name Holder to opt out of the 60-day inter-registrar transfer lock
prior to any Change of Registrant request.  The action of opting out must be
verified, approved and confirmed in accordance with the requirements in Section
3.2 above.

The Registrar may, but is not required to, impose restrictions on the removal
of the lock described in section 3.3.  For example, the Registrar will only
remove the lock after five business days have passed, the lock removal must be
authorized via the Prior Registrant’s affirmative response to email, etc.

> On Jan 23, 2015, at 3:23 PM, Caitlin Tubergen <caitlin.tubergen@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> Thank you to those who attended yesterday’s IRTP-C Implementation Review Team
> call.  For those of you who were unable to attend, please find instructions
> for accessing the recording attached.  I have also attached the latest
> version of the draft Change of Registrant Policy.  The updates to the policy
> include two footnotes, highlighted in yellow.  If you have any comments on
> the attached draft, please provide them before the next call, or by COB
> Wednesday, 28 January.
>
> Please save the date for our next IRTP-C Implementation Review Team
> teleconference on Thursday, 29 January 2015 at 1700 UTC. 09:00 PST, 12:00
> EST, 17:00 London, 18:00 CET, 03:00 (+1 day) Sydney. Please find Adobe
> Connect and dial in instructions below.
>
> Link to Adobe Connect (with audio
> enabled):https://icann.adobeconnect.com/irtppartc/
> <https://icann.adobeconnect.com/irtppartc/>
> *Upon logging into Adobe Connect, a pop up window will provide you the option
> to Dial Out to your Phone. Enter your Phone Number* (Remember to change the
> Country Code if needed).
> After joining the call, as a courtesy to others and the presenters, please
> MUTE your phone. This can be done by selecting *6 on your keypad. To UNMUTE
> select *6 again.
>
> If you are Unable to log into Adobe Connect and can only join via phone:
> List of International Dial In
> Numbers:https://www.myrcplus.com/cnums.asp?bwebid=8369444&ppc=6458688446&num=1-719-457-6209
>
> <https://www.myrcplus.com/cnums.asp?bwebid=8369444&ppc=6458688446&num=1-719-457-6209>
> Participant Passcode: 6458688446
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Caitlin Tubergen
> Registrar Relations and Contracts Manager
> ICANN
> <Draft Change of Registrant Policy_22Jan.docx><Mail Attachment.eml>

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP
(ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)