ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

[gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Statement from RCRC From Saturday

  • To: "Hughes, Debra Y." <Debra.Hughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Statement from RCRC From Saturday
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 23:36:40 +0000

Here's a question for the entire group:  In reference to the statement from the
RCRC, because registries and registrars are required to obey applicable laws,
does it therefore follow that they are required to reserve the RCRC names at
the top and second level?  If so, then it seems like we may not have to debate
this issue further.  If not, then we have more work to do regarding the RCRC.

Chuck