ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08]

RE: [gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08] Poll Message Feedback from Registries Constituency

  • To: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08] Poll Message Feedback from Registries Constituency
  • From: "Steele, Barbara" <BSteele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:06:15 -0400

James,
Additional feedback that I received from various members of the
Registries Constituency indicated that registrars may not be prevented
from including the registrant e-mail address information from the Whois
record.  Do you, or other registrars, have any other feedback relating
to this?  There was also discussion in our constituency regarding the
use of the AutoInfo code to authenticate transfers instead of the
registrant or admin contact e-mail addresses.  This may be another
avenue that we could investigate.

Paul,
On another note, Chuck Gomes suggested that if we anticipate that we may
want to have a working group meeting with the GNSO Council during the
meeting in Cairo, we should let the GNSO know as soon as possible in
order to make sure that the GNSO Council agenda/schedule can accommodate
it.

Barbara Steele
Compliance Officer
VeriSign Information Services
bsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxx <blocked::mailto:bsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Direct: 703.948.3343
Mobile: 703.622.1071
Fax:  703.421.4873
21345 Ridgetop Circle
Dulles, VA  20166

Notice to Recipient:  This e-mail contains confidential, proprietary
and/or Registry Sensitive information intended solely for the recipient
and, thus may not be retransmitted, reproduced or disclosed without the
prior written consent of VeriSign Naming and Directory Services.  If you
have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by telephone or reply e-mail and destroy the original