ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockdomainname-dt]

[gnso-lockdomainname-dt] RE: For final review - Updated Charter and Motion

  • To: "'Marika Konings'" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-lockdomainname-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-lockdomainname-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockdomainname-dt] RE: For final review - Updated Charter and Motion
  • From: Konstantinos Komaitis <k.komaitis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:28:30 +0000

Thanks Marika - I have just sent an email that reflects Ken's concern about my
language. If we can move from my wording the word 'legitimate' will this
address your concerns Ken? All, please bear in mind that these are only
suggestions that the WG may or may not take on board. We are providing some
wording and some recommendations which in any case are not exhaustive.

Also does anyone object that we replace the sentence: "As part of the WG
deliberations, the WG should consider, amongst others:" with "As part of the WG
deliberations, it is suggested that the WG considers, amongst other, the
following:" - I think that the verb 'should' is quite decisive in that the WG
should definitely follow these deliberations, which was not really our
intention when we were drafting these.

I would hope that we can finalize this via email and possible skip the call
tomorrow night. Of course, if there are significant concerns then we will
proceed with the schedule call tomorrow at 19:30 UTC.

Thanks

Konstantinos

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,

Senior Lecturer,
Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses
Director of LLM Information Technology and Telecommunications Law
University of Strathclyde,
The Law School,
Graham Hills building,
50 George Street, Glasgow G1 1BA