ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

RE: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] UDRP Lock - Comment Deadline

  • To: Faisal Shah <Faisal.Shah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Schneller, Matt" <Matt.Schneller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] UDRP Lock - Comment Deadline
  • From: "David W. Maher" <dmaher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 15:07:00 -0400

+1
David W. Maher
Senior Vice President - Law & Policy
Public Interest Registry
+1 312 375 4849
From: owner-gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx [owner-gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Faisal Shah [Faisal.Shah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 12:21 PM
To: Schneller, Matt
Cc: Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx

I agree.

On Aug 9, 2012, at 10:18 AM, "Schneller, Matt"
<Matt.Schneller@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:Matt.Schneller@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi everyone,

What does the committee think about pushing back the response deadline for
comments by a couple of weeks?  Not that we aren’t really important and
everything, but I think the gTLD comment period<https://gtldcomment.icann.org/>
that expires on August 12th, 2012 is probably getting the vast majority of the
attention of the ICANN community right now.  Given the tight turnaround to our
comment
period<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/udrp-locking-25jul12-en.htm>,
 which is scheduled to close just a few days later on August 15th, 2012, we may
end up either getting only a few comments, or getting comments that are a bit
less thought-out than they might have been were the community given more time.

I suggest that we move the comment period deadline back by two weeks, to August
29th, 2012, and push the reply comment period back to September 19th, 2012 to
match.

Matt Schneller
206.204.6241
matt.schneller@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:matt.schneller@xxxxxxxxx>