ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

[gnso-lockpdp-wg] Proposed format for F2F meeting in Toronto for your review

  • To: "Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] Proposed format for F2F meeting in Toronto for your review
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 03:02:45 -0700

Dear All,

In preparation for the UDRP Domain Name Lock WG F2F meeting in Toronto, in
order to make this a productive as well as interactive session, we thought it
might be an idea to conduct the meeting in debate style format. As there seem
to be a limited number of answers to the questions the WG is faced with, we
could assign these different propositions to different WG members to 'defend'
during the meeting (obviously these propositions do not necessarily represent
the WG's member position), followed by a discussion between the WG members as
well as the audience. This might help establish where common ground can be
found and/or identify issues that would need to be addressed by the WG in
developing its recommendations. I attach for your consideration a first raw
draft of a possible agenda. Please feel free to share your thoughts with the
mailing list. Do note that these propositions are not draft recommendations, so
the idea is to keep them clear and simple for the sake of discussion.

With best regards,

Marika

P.S. Please note that the official summary report of public comments has been
posted now as well
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/report-comments-udrp-locking-01oct12-en.pdf