ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

[gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings teleconference - Thursday 21st February 2013 at 15:00 UTC

  • To: "Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings teleconference - Thursday 21st February 2013 at 15:00 UTC
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:53:04 -0800

Dear All,

The next Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings teleconference is
scheduled for Thursday, 28 February 2013 at 15:00 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP
proceedings teleconference held on Thursday 21st February 2013 at 15:00 UTC

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-locking-domain-name-20130221-en.mp3

On page: http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Hago Dafalla - NCUC
Lisa Garono - IPC
Alan Greenberg - ALAC (Vice Chair)
David Roache-Turner - WIPO
Matt Schneller - IPC
Laurie Anderson - RrSG
 Faisal Shah - IPC
Michele Neylon - RrSG (Chair)
Luc Seufer - RrSG

Apologies :
David Maher - RySG
Celia Lerman - CBUC
Gabriela Szlak - CBUC
Volker Greimann - RrSG
Lisa Garono - IPC
Hago Dafalla - NCUC

ICANN staff:
Berry Cobb
Marika Konings
Nathalie Peregrine

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

 Adobe Connect Chat transcript for 21st February:

Marika Konings:Welcome to the UDRP Domain Name Lock WG Meeting of 21 February
2013
  Michele Neylon:dialing in now
  Michele Neylon:sorry
  Michele Neylon:was on another call
  Luc Seufer:yeay the registrars will outnumber the lawyers!
  Berry Cobb:Not only the definition, but I thought I recall that use of the
term "lock" was misleading, as EPP codes do not label it as a lock.
  Luc Seufer:I was too!
  Marika Konings:Yes, discrepancy - thanks for noting!
  Luc Seufer:If Kristine would be so kind and review the straw man in the light
of the information she may have received regarding the URS to ensure we don't
have to make drastic changes on this document.
  Luc Seufer:I think it would help
  Kristine Dorrain:Will do, but since the Registry is locking, not the
Registrar, the URS will present some different challenges.  :)
  Luc Seufer:cheers
  Berry Cobb:flattery
  Alan Greenberg:old age creepuing up, Michele
  Michele Neylon::)
  Nathalie  Peregrine:David Roache Turner has joined the call
  Luc Seufer:maybe we could also list the email addresses those are coming from
for new registrars to know who are the approved  providers, AFAIK there is only
a list of the providers on ICANN website
http://www.icann.org/en/help/dndr/udrp/providers
  Michele Neylon:Luc +1
  Faisal Shah:If the providers dont have any problem with calendar days, I
would suggest keeping it at calendar days
  David Roache-Turner (WIPO):uniformity is preferable where possible I think
  David Roache-Turner (WIPO):business days can be convenient, but do introduce
an inherent elenment of uncertainty depending on jurisdiction
  Alan Greenberg:That makes sense to me
  Luc Seufer:I would call that a pragmatic element
  Marika Konings:Thanks for that clarification Kristine. Very helpful.
  Alan Greenberg:For a meeting that we came close to considering cancellation,
it was a very productive meeting.
  Luc Seufer:oh that's the peanut butter speaking! ;-)
  Alan Greenberg::-)
  David Roache-Turner (WIPO):thanks all