ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-metrep-wg]

RE: [gnso-metrep-wg] another draft of the charter

  • To: "'Mike O'Connor'" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Thomas Lowenhaupt'" <toml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-metrep-wg] another draft of the charter
  • From: "Pam Little" <pam.little12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:07:03 +1100

Hi Mikey & Team

Couple of links where you might find Compliance related information:

http://www.icann.org/en/resources/compliance

https://www.myicann.org/compliance

With regard to Thomas' comment, I think both bullets make sense on their own
and are worth keeping. So perhaps we can try to reconcile them by combining
the two so that "Metrics and reporting outside the scope of GNSO policy and
ICANN contracts with contracted parties" becomes a data point for ICANN
Compliance to collect and report on. However, determining whether a
complaint is in or outside of scope is not always straight forward - there
are a lot of grey areas.  A recent blog
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20131104_how_insider_domain_theft_can_bring_do
wn_icann/ provides a good example or case study. I think this particular
complaint could well be "within the scope" if one digs deeper but it looks
like Compliance staff dismissed the complaint and sent a "just in time
education" email.

Kind regards,

Pam