ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

AW: [gnso-osc] Council recommended reasons to the OSC Charter

  • To: <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: AW: [gnso-osc] Council recommended reasons to the OSC Charter
  • From: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:11:47 +0100

Chuck,

I support the edits

Best regards
Wolf

________________________________

Von: owner-gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx] Im
Auftrag von Gomes, Chuck
Gesendet: Samstag, 10. Januar 2009 00:03
An: gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx

A few edits were recommended by the Council for the OSC Charter
yesterday.  The first edits were suggested by Tim Ruiz and pertain to
Section III, Work Team Rules contained in each of the work team draft
charters; they are highlighted in the attached file.

The second change was proposed by Mike Rodenbaugh in Section C of the
Charter under 'Membership of the OSC' that currently reads as follows:

"C. OSC Operations Processes

Membership in the OSC

Initially, the OSC will be comprised of the following members:

* GNSO council chair and/or vice chair
* 1 representative from each constituency (need not be a Council member)
* 1 Nominating Committee appointee to the GNSO

Other Participants in the OSC

* Optional liaisons or appointed representatives from the ALAC and the
GAC
* OSC Work Team Chairs
* GNSO secretariat
* 1 ICANN policy staff representative"

In the first bullet, Mike recommends changing 'chair and/or vice chair'
to say 'chair or vice chair'.  As you know, that is actually what we
ended up doing for the OSC and PPSC, Avri serving on the PPSC and me on
the OSC.

If you approve these edits, please affirmatively respond on this list.
If you do not, please respond on this list indicating your reasons.

We need support from at least one representative from each group on the
OSC.  Hopefully we can do this on the list in the next week so we don't
need to schedule a meeting.

I will start it off by saying that I support the edits.

Chuck