ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] RE: Further Council Ops Procedures Thoughts

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] RE: Further Council Ops Procedures Thoughts
  • From: "David W. Maher" <dmaher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:10:00 -0500

fwiw, I agree with Chuck. There is a real difference between abstaining and not voting.
David

At 01:45 PM 9/23/2009, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
Thanks Ray. In reality I guess an abstention is a nonvote. The problem with using the term nonvote though is that it implies that someone didn't participate in the vote. Abstaining is not the same as not voting in my opinion. I agree that key is that the abstentioins are counted toward the % calculation.

Chuck