ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] GCOT recommendations - SOI - adoption by October 31

  • To: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] GCOT recommendations - SOI - adoption by October 31
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:42:49 -0400

I first of all want to thank the GCOT for their relatively quick work on
this.

Second, I want to suggest some format improvements to the redline
version before we forward final recommendations to the Council: 1) use
the MS Word comment function for inserting explanations so that they are
separate from the main text; 2) accept all formatting edits so the only
redline edits shown are the actual text changes.

Third, regarding Section 5.3.3:

        - There is a footnote number next to the Section title but I
can't find the footnote.

        - Unless I missed it, there is no explanation for why
significant text was deleted. It would be helpful to have be told the
rationale.  Hopefully we could request that right away so that we can
still achieve the 31 October goal.

Chuck