ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] Proxy Voting Discussion: Staff Suggestion

  • To: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] Proxy Voting Discussion: Staff Suggestion
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 17:01:43 -0400

Thanks Ken, Julie & Rob.  It seems to me that the language you suggest,
in particular "the appointing organization shall affirm that any voting
position to be exercised by the designated proxy Councilor has been
confirmed" still implies that a voting position has been established
even if it doesn't actually require that and I believe that the concern
of some constituencies or SGs.  Isn't sufficient for the Constituency or
NomCom rep to simply authorize the proxy?  I think it is up to the
appointing organizations to manage their charters and Councilors.

Chuck