ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council Proxy Procedures: Clarification

  • To: <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council Proxy Procedures: Clarification
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 16:46:26 +0200

Thanks Ken,
I hoped had had caught this is my point 2 but your detail is most helpful.

Personally, I find the idea of declaring an abstention when in fact its an
absence to be odd.
At best it is confusing, at worst deceptive (especially if a voting direction is
then provided by the absent Councilor) !

I'd be interested to learn why this construction was invented.

Philip