ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council procedures - proxy vote - approval by April 15 - v3

  • To: gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council procedures - proxy vote - approval by April 15 - v3
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 11:42:55 -0500

Originally sent from wrong address.

On 6 Apr 2011, at 04:34, Philip Sheppard wrote:

> <proxy votes v3.doc>

I am fine with the changes, but have one recommendation:

re:

> ii. A Councilor is expected to vote on such motions as may come before the
> GNSO Council using the means provided in Section 4.4 (Absentee Voting). If
> the vote is outside of the scope of 4.4.1 then the Councilor may opt for
> Section 4.6 (Proxy Voting).

The 4.4.1 remedy is time limited.  It is possible that someone's absence,
whether planned (trip to the arctic) or unplanned (severe accident) is longer
than the 4.4.1 timing, then they may not be able to use absentee voting.  Would
it be ok to add, "Whenever possible" at the beginning of the condition?

I think this also means that the form would need to be changed to include both
an option for 4.4.1 vote and all other votes.

thanks

a.