ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

[gnso-rap-dt] RAPWG Final Report - Adjustment Recommendation

  • To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-rap-dt] RAPWG Final Report - Adjustment Recommendation
  • From: berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:32:20 -0400

RAPWG,

Per our call today, IMO the current text within the Executive Summary (page 4/5) & Body Content (page 21) is confusing. I recommend the following change to better represent what the WG completed in our abuse analysis.

Current Text:
In discussing registration abuse versus domain name use abuse, the RAPWG noted that registration abuses may occur at various points in a domain name?s lifecycle. The RAPWG therefore found that making distinctions between pre-domain-creation, domain-creation, and post-creation abuses is sometimes not applicable or useful when considering whether an abuse is in-scope for policy-making.

Proposed Text:
In discussing registration abuse versus domain name use abuse, the RAPWG noted that registration abuses may occur at various points in a domain name?s lifecycle. The RAPWG attempted to make distinctions of abuse within the lifecycle such as pre-domain-creation, domain-creation, and post-creation. However, this exercise was not useful in determining policy scope, and as such, the RAPWG only made the distinction between Registration and Use.

Change @ Page 4/5
Change @ Page 21

Berry Cobb
Infinity Portals LLC