ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-stakeholder-charters]

not to alter the submitted NCSG proposal

  • To: gnso-stakeholder-charters@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: not to alter the submitted NCSG proposal
  • From: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 01:43:36 +0900

Dear Board members,
My is Rafik Dammak, an individual user, computer engineer, NCUC member,
and individual involved on Internet Governance issues. I am sending my
comment to disagree with changes or I should say alteration by ICANN staff
of the original NCSG proposal submitted by NCUC.
It is a really critical issue which raises important points
of transparency and accountability as promoted by ICANN. the process of
drafting NCSG was made with participation of civil society through consensus
and consultation of all stakeholders and then the proposal has a
real legitimacy. I am really disappointed that changes were made in
non-democratic way, behind the stage and in contradiction to rules stated by
ICANN itself.
To insure legitimacy and in order to respect its own values, ICANN has to
withdraw the altered by staff document  and back to the original document.
ICANN has the opportunity to show how much it respect values like
decision-making through consensus, bottom-up process, confidence and trust
and democracy. it is important to do that to defend non-commercial user
interests regarding the multistakeholders model.

Sincerely yours,

Rafik