ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-stakeholder-charters]

Comment on NCSG Charter

  • To: gnso-stakeholder-charters@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comment on NCSG Charter
  • From: Cedric Laurant <cedric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 01:36:12 +0200

Dear Board Members,

As an individual interested in Internet governance issues since 1998, I am sending this short e-mail to record my support for the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group (NCSG) charter proposal the Non-Commercial Users Constituency (NCUC) submitted earlier this year.

By this e-mail, I support the NCUC's call not to impose the "stranglehold" charter on non-commercial users. Doing this, ICANN attempts to impose a governance structure on non-commercial users against their will, which casts serious doubts about ICANN's legitimacy to govern and to protect the public interest.

Cedric Laurant

--
Cedric Laurant, Esq.
Researcher, GECTI (Grupo de Estudios en Internet, Comercio Electrónico,