ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-stakeholder-charters]

In Support for a Democratic Internet

  • To: gnso-stakeholder-charters@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: In Support for a Democratic Internet
  • From: lucas <lucas77@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:25:56 -0500

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Bryan Parras. I work in Houston, TX with many non-profit organization and independent media outlets who have expressed concern over your decision to prevent the creation of a Non-commercial Stakeholder Group without any explanation or justification. I understand that such a charter was drafted and submitted to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers(ICANN) back in March with over 80 non-commercial organizations and individual co-sponsors by the Non-Commercial Users Constituency(NCUC). I am also under the impression that ICANN simply discarded the NCSG charter without explanation. I writing to ask that ICANN would reconsider in good faith its decision and create a Non-commercial Stakeholder Group under the recommendations provide by the NCUC.

regards,

Bryan Parras