ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-stakeholder-charters]

GNSO Stakeholder Charter

  • To: gnso-stakeholder-charters@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: GNSO Stakeholder Charter
  • From: Kathy Kleiman <Kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:46:17 -0400

To ICANN and the SIC,

I join with the voices both eloquent and passionate seeking support and
furtherance of the Petition for a Non-Commercial Stakeholders Group (NCSG) at ICANN.

As I understand it, years of work went into the rechartering process, and the parties participated in the process in good faith and fair dealing. The charter, as drafted and resubmitted by NCUC, has broad support from a wide range of noncommercial groups throughout the world. It keeps the focus of the Non-Commercial Stakeholders Group on noncommercial speech and expression in the domain name system – a critical segment
of the ICANN community, a critical segment for ICANN's legitimacy.

I know there are parties of good will and great knowledge on both sides. I urge both sides to work together. Together we can bring this strong charter to fruition, and this important voice to its new home.

I join the many other commenters in supporting the NCUC-drafted NCSG charter for
its inclusiveness and cooperation among different viewpoints.

Sincerely,
Kathryn Kleiman, Esq.