ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-trans-wg]

RE: [gnso-trans-wg] Revised Document

  • To: "Thomas Keller" <tom@xxxxxxxx>, <gnso-trans-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-trans-wg] Revised Document
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:27:39 -0500

As I shared in yesterday's call and previous calls, this issue has been one of
the problem areas we experience in resolving transfer disputes. Because of
that, I think we have it in the right group if we want it to be part of a PDP.

 I also shared in one of our earlier calls and in my comments added to Tom's
suggested grouping document that it is not clear that there is an easy solution
to this.  Because of that, I probably wouldn't fight too hard for deleting the
recommendation, but my preference would be not to delete it.

Regarding the use of the word 'simultaneous', I was not on the Transfer Review
WG so I cannot speak authoritatively in that regard, but it seems to me that
this is just a case of imprecise wording.  It probably would have been better
to refer to 'change of registrant shortly after a registrar transfer'.

Chuck