ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-users]

Commercial and non-commercial Users involvement, in net governance

  • To: gnso-users@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Commercial and non-commercial Users involvement, in net governance
  • From: Eric Dierker <ericdierker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 17:08:43 -0800 (PST)

Open Letter,

I wish I had some great information and magic for this topic but I am stuck
with what I believe to be a quite simple suggestion.

The GA.

If the GA were provided with a secure voting for internal matters and polling
for matters to be shown externally it would provide invaluable insight and
contributions to ICANN's purpose.

The GA has tried to self organize, my own chairmanship being an example of
failure. And it has tried to provide some consensus as to individual trends and
priorities, lack thereof is example of failure.  Although now I view these
failures as Kipling might, triumphs on the road to determine what is needed.
"If you can meet triumph and disaster and treat those two imposter's the same".

In the marketing of dotVN we first built upon the ideas of "inside to inside"
to build a reliable internal interest and then "inside to outside" to let the
world know of our position. I believe that you must provide a good reasonable
structure to allow some order to come from the Chaos of the individuals so that
they may provide you with some credible and usable consensual input or output
as the case may be.

No authority or rights need be granted. No great bureaucracy created. Please no
history rehashed. Just give the forum what tools it needs in order to
positively and of course negatively contribute.

Eric Hugh Dierker