ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Bouncing of Emails

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Bouncing of Emails
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 12:22:34 -0500

Hi,

Yes, I have found that on ICANN email lists, sending email is a tow step
process:

- send the email
- check and see that it got there

I have asked about this, last when i was responsible for stuff, and was
informed that the effort needed to review all of the bounces for the legit
ones, given the number of people who spam ICANN lists, would be very large.
the alternative is for people is to ask for a second subscription which is set
to nomail - that way you can send from various addresses but receive on only
one.  and yes, it is my own fault for not having done this - that is why i use
the process listed above.

a.